Ruzzle Solver PRO v1.0 beta 7
(c) 2013 Giacomo Drago. Licensed under the GPLv3 license.
Ruzzle Solver PRO is an opensource offline solver (aka cheater) for Ruzzle puzzles written in Java.
It aims to be usable, fast and easy to extend and improve for both users and developers thanks to a sensible and modular design. It allows to add, replace or update the words dictionaries and the score tables, thus supporting an arbitrary number of languages.
for the following languages:
Important note: to run this program a Java Runtime Evironment has to be installed in the system. Download it here.
- Download the program from the link above, unpack the ZIP file and
RuzzleSolverPro.jar(provided you have a Java Runtime Environment installed on your system).
- Choose the appropriate language from the dropdown menu at the top-left corner of the window.
- Type the 16 letters in the boxes. When you type a letter in a box, the program will directly move to the next box, but only if it’s empty.
- You can specify the bonuses by typing
TW. You can remove the bonus from a letter by typing
0(zero). Since when you type a letter in a box the program will immediately move to the next one, I suggest you to insert the bonus just before typing the letter, and not after.
- If you make a mistake, you can obviously replace the letter in a box by just moving to the box (you can use the four arrow keys instead of the mouse) and typing the new letter (no need to erase the previous one, it’ll be replaced). The same applies for the bonuses.
- When you click “Solve” (
ALT+S) the program will solve the puzzle (usually in less than
0.1seconds!) and list the words in the box at the right, from highest to lowest score. You can move up and down in the list by using the up and down arrow keys. You can conveniently go to the next word by hitting the spacebar.
- Click “Clear” (
ALT+C) to clear everything.
As a general recommendation, if you need to be fast, make sure you memorize the keys for the bonuses, avoid using the mouse (everything can be done by using the keyboard only), and remember to use the spacebar to go to the next word.
You can browse, clone and fork the source code from here: https://github.com/giacomodrago/ruzzlesolverpro
The source is licensed under the GPLv3 license.
For comments and suggestions, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. New or improved words dictionaries are of course very welcome.
|(c) 2013 Giacomo Drago|